Monday, June 29, 2015

Re-Introducing Myself :)

Hello, Media Literacy 2015!

It's hard to believe that it's already the end of JUNE....where did the first half of this year go?! Anyway, if you scroll through some of my old posts, you'll get a sense of who I am as a learner and as a teacher (and probably stumble across some puppy pictures of Tucker). 

So this is a little bit of me!


  • This past year was my first year as a permanent (part-time) teacher, so that was pretty exciting, and I loved being able to dive right in and STAY for the entire year! I had sworn up and down that I would never teach in a middle school...after my first week subbing there last year, I was hooked. The energy and enthusiasm in a middle school classroom is tangible and fun and I absolutely love everything about it. The most exciting part of my year was during the fourth quarter, where we analyzed gender stereotypes in cartoons and magazines....I was BLOWN AWAY by my students' thinking and all of the cool things they came up with.

  • In my (rare) spare time, I like spending quality time with Tucker (the puppy), Josh (the boyfriend), and other pretty awesome people, like the ones I'm related to! Summer has been pretty exciting but busy - I babysit, go to the gym daily (sometimes multiple times a day), play soccer, read too many books...and we have so many projects waiting to happen over the next few weeks! You'll be hearing more about those soon too :)







Thanks for reading! Looking forward to the next couple of weeks with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment