Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Day One

Hey, new friends! 

So we've just met and I am already super excited to start this adventure with you all. I've been looking forward to grad school just about forever, so now that it's finally here I feel like there are a million things running through my mind. I graduated from RIC in 2012 - Secondary Education, English. Once I graduated, I knew it was only a matter of time before I went back, and Dr. August recommended ASTL. Since she was my undergrad Honors Project Advisor, I tend to listen to her advice. Although I am still job-hunting, I have come to realize that there is something I love about each grade considered "secondary" - even 9th grade (who would have thought?!). I love learning about teaching, learning, reading and writing, and I completely consider myself a Nerd. This semester, I am also finishing up my MLED certification by taking classes on Saturdays. I am subbing at Burrillville High School, Burrillville Middle School and Tolman High School, and have a part-time job at Memorial Hospital in the ER. 


But that's all business; here comes the fun stuff. My parents are both from Croatia, and I consider myself to be one of the luckiest human beings alive to have such strong ties to such a beautiful place. I used to go every summer when I was younger, and just spent two weeks there this summer with my boyfriend. It was wonderful showing off some of my favorite places, but even more exciting to explore new ones. 



 

 During my free time, I can be found on the soccer field, lifting super-heavy things at the gym, babysitting fantastically awesome kids, spending time with my family and friends, reading lots of books, or watching Criminal Minds. Pretty soon, my life will be consumed by a new puppy; his name is Tucker, I'm in love, and we get to take him home at the end of September. I can't wait to get to know you all as we take on Grad School together. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment